Awra Briguela was crowned as the first-ever grand winner of the Kid's edition of ABS-CBN's Your Face Sounds Familiar show.
The grand showdown took place at Resorts World Manila last Sunday, April 9, where eight celebrity kid performers gave their best shots for the last time.
Awra impersonated the international singer-rapper Nicki Minaj. The judges and the audience were very much entertained by his superb performance, which probably helped him on his way to being the champion of the competition.
However, fans and supporters of former 'The Voice Kids' champion Elha Nympha are complaining on social media wondering why their idol did not win the title.
They are even tagging her as the "real champion" instead of Awra.
Check out their comments:
– Youre my champion , and my little big shot superstar! Go all the way and God bless u in every step of your way!!!!!
– Congrats Elha @elhamaenymphaofficial you are the BEST impersonator. Stay humble and friendly always. God bless you my sweet!
– For me… you are the true winner!!! Your great ability and versatility in singing was shining through and through!!! I hope this show does not dishearten you. Everyone saw your great talent. Most Filipinos are just into comedic acts so much. Keep going. Keep growing.
– Panalo ka padin para samin elha ang galing galing mo baby girl @elhamaenymphaofficial
– ELHA para sa mga fans mo IKAW REAL CHAMPION. ..so Congratulations. ….keep it up and all the best in everything you do…
– congrats elha para sa amin ikaw ang winner..
Elha has notably won the show for several consecutive weeks because of her outstanding transformations. She gained 229 stars throughout the show, which placed her number 1. Unfortunately, the criteria for the grand winner relies on 50% from the stars and 50% from people's votes.
Awra earlier had his break from being a talented child star on 'FPJ's Ang Probinsyano' with Coco Martin. This gained him fans of his own.
For you, who's the real winner? Let us know in the comments section below!