There’s a saying that goes “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” What people don’t know is that there’s a fruit way better than apples which can truly keep you from visiting the doctor all the time.
Bananas are abundant in our country and are in fact used in a lot of our dishes here. Some examples include the famous desserts banana cue and turon as well as savory dishes such as pochero and arroz ala cubana.
Apart from these delicious meals, bananas also contain plenty of nutrients upon consumption. Eating two bananas per day will give you all the benefits that this fruit can give to your body.
Here are a few of the health benefits bananas can give you:
1. Energy source- people who work out on a regular basis eat at least two bananas an hour before hitting the gym. Due to the abundance of vitamins, minerals, and potassium in a banana, the fruit can help a person increase muscle endurance and prevent cramps.
2. Prevents Depression- Due to the tryptophan found in bananas, the body converts the substance into serotonin, which is a chemical known to induce a happy feeling, once you eat the fruit.
3. Lowers blood pressure- Because bananas are low in sodium and high in potassium, it is the perfect snack to consume if you suffer from hypertension.
4. Solves digestion problems- people who are either constipated or suffering from loose bowel syndrome are allowed to eat bananas in order to normalize their digestion.
5. Helps cure anemia- bananas are rich in iron which is why doctors suggest anemic patients to snack on this yellow fruit.
6. Soothes PMS- due to the B vitamins that bananas contain, women who are experiencing pain and mood swings from PMS are advised to eat plenty of this fruit.
7. Soothes stomach ulcers- since this fruit is soft and has a mushy texture, patients who have stomach ulcers eat bananas often since they are not allowed to eat a lot of other food.
8. Provides relief from heartburn- Bananas are considered as a natural antacid. Eating bananas when you are suffering from heartburn has been proven to be effective in providing relief.
Are you fond of eating bananas too? Send this story to your friends and educate them regarding the health benefits they can get from eating bananas.