Monday, April 3, 2017

You Will Not Believe What Doctors Found in a Young Boy's Stomach After Eating Hamburgers!


Fiore’s family was spending a normal afternoon on one warm spring day. On that day, they decided to have hamburgers for dinner, but the normal day turned the other way around for them when an incident happened.

The younger son, Anthony, felt a tickle on his throat when he was taking in his burger. He felt an extreme pain in his stomach and said it was like there was a knife stuck in it. His parents then decided to rush him to the hospital as the pain was not getting any better. He went under a CT scan and they detected a small metal wire clogging his throat. The doctors said it may be from the metal brushes used to clean the grills.

You Will Not Believe What Doctors Found in a Young Boy's Stomach After Eating Hamburgers!


You Will Not Believe What Doctors Found in a Young Boy's Stomach After Eating Hamburgers!

When Anthony was taken to surgery, the metal wire turned out to be a BBQ grill brush bristle. Though the surgery went well and the bristle has been removed, Anthony still went under observation as the dirt from the bristle had caused bacteria on his stomach. He had to take in antibiotics for few days in order to eliminate the bacteria. Days after, he was given the permit to go home. According to the doctors, this is not a rare case as there are already cases wherein sharp bristles fall off on the clean grills. 

“Nobody knows the statistics, that's the problem. The only paper published talks about 6 or 7 cases and I believe it's much, much more common," Dr. Aziz Benbrahim of MidState Medical Center Connecticut, USA told CBS News.

There is also a safer way to clean the grill without using metal brushes. You can check it with this video:



Do you have other suggestions on cleaning the grills without using metal brushes? Share it with us!
Source: TNP,Newsner

0 comments:

Post a Comment